who is breeding what??

ambrosiozoa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i know lots of people are successfully breeding clowns but anyone breeding anything else?

Amphibious

Oldest Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been working with a pair of Banggai Cardinals. Their first three attempts resulted in a male with a mouth full of eggs that mysteriously disappeared at around 25 days. I guess he couldn’t take the rigorous fasting. There fourth attempt I kept the female with him (the first three spawns I removed the female as recommended). The day before traveling to Dallas for MACNA, I found these two hatchlings. GREAT, but how to keep them alive while I was gone for 5 days. Giving my wife instructions and prayer worked. Here they are 14 days post hatch.

[video=youtube_share;G_cjRXsaALk]http://youtu.be/G_cjRXsaALk[/video]

Now I’m feeding the pair up looking for the fifth spawn and more success.

Dick

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My GSM clowns have just started breeding and I will be attempting to raise the babies since my female is a nice misbar and my male is just stunning, I will also be starting to try and breed banghai cardinals

Zoafreek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've bred a two generations of baggai cardinalfish, I believe they are fourth generation captive bred now. I've also gotten pseudochromis fridmani (orchid dottyback) and cypho purpurascens (oblique lined dottyback) fry up to 30 days/metamorphasis. The first time getting them to meta I don't know what I did wrong to lose all the fry. The second time I got up to 30 days the power went out for a day so I lost all my food cultures and all my fish fry. I also lost the breeding pairs. I currently have breeding pairs of the banggai cardinalfish, orchid dottyback, indigo dottyback, tail spot blenny, and cleaner gobies. I just don't have any rotifers or other zooplankton on hand to raise the fry currently. I'm currently in the middle of a breeding with sepia bandesis (dwarf cuttlefish).

Zoafreek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found some pictures of the orchid dottyback fry from an old post of mine. These are 18 days post hatch.

zoafreek-albums-fridmani-picture18589-2.jpg

zoafreek-albums-fridmani-picture18588-1.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 20.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back