Who keeps a boxfish?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your probably talking about those tiny Boston Baked Beans box fish. I have had them quite a few times and didn't really have a lot of luck raising them, but they never nuked my tank like is always stated. I have also had large boxfish many times and when they died, they also never nuked anything. I would imagine if they rotted in the tank, that may be a problem as the toxins are in their guts.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boxfish need to be offered a lt of food and can't be kept with overly active fish or high flow. They are also ery susceptible to parasites.

Don't worry about the toxin, I've never seen an issue with it.

laga77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this guy for about 9 months. He is not a slow eater like everyone says. The first one I had was doing great for 5 days in the QT and then died. There were shrimp in the tank with him and they were fine.

cf.jpg

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this guy for about 9 months. He is not a slow eater like everyone says. The first one I had was doing great for 5 days in the QT and then died. There were shrimp in the tank with him and they were fine.

cf.jpg
Probably because his competition is a filefish and a pipefish, not chromis, anthias, tangs, and wrasses. Also, probably didn't start off as a nickel to quarter sized specimen, as many baby cubicus boxfish do.

Dlefty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have one but incase you haven't seen this video on it, take a look. It's given by Miss Saltwater tank :) :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back