Whole house ventilation fan

stink4570

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My house has a ventilation fan that sucks the air out of the whole house through the attic and to the outside. Has anyone used one of these to control the humidity in their homes from water evaporation and how well does it work?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it would work for humidity control unless your in a dry climate. As air is pulled out of the house it has to be replaced with air from outside so whatever the humidity is outside is is going to be the lowest you'll get inside. At least that's how I understand it to work. I'm in a high humidity area not to mention it's cold part of the year. Here attic fans are only used in the summer.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I have. I just installed the air exchanger the other day. I’m not seeing a PH boost though. Did you?
No, but a friend that has his tank in his condo (no air exchange) returned from holidays and saw his pH drop -0.2 in 24 hours. I don't think having it boosts my pH necessarily, but it's definitely offsetting the human component to some extent.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 70 40.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 88 50.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back