Who's close to Fort Myers, Florida?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be staying on Sanibel Island over a long Memorial Day weekend and wondered if anyone has tips on what not to miss in the area.
I realize this is an older thread, but how was you stay there? We used to have a condo on Sanibel but my family ended up selling it right before the hurricane. I heard the island (as well as Captiva) was pretty much destroyed?

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this is an older thread, but how was you stay there? We used to have a condo on Sanibel but my family ended up selling it right before the hurricane. I heard the island (as well as Captiva) was pretty much destroyed?
It was a very nice vacation. Not having been to the area before, I can't really comment on how the islands have changed, but there were definitely signs of rebuilding.
I collected lots of shells... lol.
And I got eaten up by noseeums, even though I used the "special" $10 bug spray from the resort. I got back home Memorial day and legit am still itchy!

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a very nice vacation. Not having been to the area before, I can't really comment on how the islands have changed, but there were definitely signs of rebuilding.
I collected lots of shells... lol.
And I got eaten up by noseeums, even though I used the "special" $10 bug spray from the resort. I got back home Memorial day and legit am still itchy!
Yeah, they are famous for their shell beaches....did you visit the shell museum? The bugs are definitely bad lol.

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they are famous for their shell beaches....did you visit the shell museum? The bugs are definitely bad lol.
The shell museum had just reopened but only the aquarium exhibits (downstairs) were running. They hope to have the shell exhibits available in a few months.

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a few shells...

20240528_173147.jpg
Wow you weren't kidding...that is more than we ever found lol. We normally spent most of our time looking for those few elusive types that were worth a ton of money....which of course we never found.

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you weren't kidding...that is more than we ever found lol. We normally spent most of our time looking for those few elusive types that were worth a ton of money....which of course we never found.
Yeah, I just picked up anything pretty, lol

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • Full frame

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 49 35.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back