Why hello there!

SteveDaPirate91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My names Steve.

I started my first tank about 8 months ago. Been a very slow process, but I'm only 22 so I have all the time I could ever need.

Have a yellow tail damsel, a cleaner shrimp, a clownfish, and a few hermit crabs(Room mate begged and almost cried so I would get a few -.-).
I'll have a picture or two my next lights on cycle.

But before I started I read lots of the threads here...Talk about information overload.

Loads of great reads though. Really helped me.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!

We appreciate your membership!

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

Fragmatic Jr.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I did the same thing back in April when I took over my late fathers reef tank. Yes, info overload indeed. I've been learning ever since. From what I can see, we're all learning on a daily basis. The reef world is like another planet or something, so much to discover and learn!

TriggerThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see the tank, and second don't let anyone tell you what to put in your tank. Especially if you know better. Just tell them they can put one in their tank

OP
OP
S

SteveDaPirate91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where's the edit button in this forum?

I am also picking up 2 75 Gallon Tanks with stands and a 40 gallon without stand. Various lights, A few skimmers(They tried out a few before they got one that works well), 2 canister filters, GFO/Carbor reactors, power heads, ect.
The one 75 is full of water and running with just 100 pounds live rock plus sand.
The other is empty.

Boyfriend/Girlfriend broke up, guy took all the fish and coral, left everything else.
Girl doesn't want to keep going with it(Memories of their relationship and whatnot) so she's just not ready for it now.

Picking them up cheap.

going to attempt to drill the one for a sump setup. Custom build a stand and sump for it. I wish I would have done this the first time.

Any advice on keeping the rock? I've gathered keeping the sand isn't the best due to random crap getting stirred up, though maybe that would be good to keep the bacteria on the rock happy? Figured I'd keep it all in one of the 75's while I set-up the other. Seemed like alot to put into my 55 and cause potential issues.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 59 28.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 19.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back