Will Frogspawn Recover?

abaker136

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers.

I have only been in the hobby for about 3 months now and I made a dumb mistake. Tldr a bit of unmixed reef salt made its way into my display section of my tank and hit a few of my corals, most of them are recovering/have recovered but my frog spawn took a huge hit. It's been almost a week now. Will it recover from this over time or is it going to be showing the exposed skeleton going forward?

20240328_131126.jpg 20240328_131134.jpg 20240328_131143.jpg

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pretty much looks like it has bailed and the last remnant is getting ready to do the same. Unfortunately, I do not think it is going to recover. I have never been successful in saving once mine have reached the level yours has. But maybe some others have.

OP
OP
abaker136

abaker136

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pretty much looks like it has bailed and the last remnant is getting ready to do the same. Unfortunately, I do not think it is going to recover. I have never been successful in saving once mine have reached the level yours has. But maybe some others have.
thanks for the advice, ill keep an eye on it. I will say i have noticed more polyps showing up over the last week so who knows. Its part of the hobby and you learn from mistakes, just sucks it happend to a $100 frag lol.

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new too but I say don't give up. Especially if you are seeing some growth. I did a dumb thing to my elegance coral and it looked pathetic. I posted here with pictures and hung with it and sang it lullabies and sweet talked it. After a month it looks better than it ever did. You might want to give it a brief dip. Once. I over-dipped the hell out of my elegance which is why it crashed. But it fought back. I think yours will fight back. We all want to live.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back