Will stacking more magnets on Nano skimmer help?

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Eshopps Nano Skimmer and atm I have to place something under it to get the height I need due to the weak stock magnets.

My question is, if I were to stack more magnets over the magnet that's outside the sump wall, would this increase the strength?

I plan to try it with a blown 10" sub magnet (a piece) but thought I would post to see if anyone has done some sort of magnet mod.

Thx

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Eshopps Nano Skimmer and atm I have to place something under it to get the height I need due to the weak stock magnets.

My question is, if I were to stack more magnets over the magnet that's outside the sump wall, would this increase the strength?

I plan to try it with a blown 10" sub magnet (a piece) but thought I would post to see if anyone has done some sort of magnet mod.

Thx
A single stronger magnet will work best, however be careful what magnets you put in your tank as they arent all corrosion resistant

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A single stronger magnet will work best, however be careful what magnets you put in your tank as they arent all corrosion resistant

I replaced the eshopps external magnet with a speaker magnet that was fairly larger and it did not work any better.
I will take another look at the eshopps magnet case today and I might try and open it and put some neodymium magnets in (external magnet first).

If I open them, I will try to loosen the seal with a heat gun. Inside the magnet case, fill it with caulking (let dry for 24hrs), seal the case and hope it stays!

I have enough space for a bigger skimmer but I like the size of the eshopps.

I might buy a large neody and see if I can get away with that before opening the magnets case.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back