Wipe out the tank and start over

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those suckers are nasty and I also have a phobia with all worms in general. I used to have an infestation but they come and go. Bristle worms provide such an important function to the tank so I’ve learned to accept and control them. Like others have suggested, get a natural predator to control them. For me, just feed less or enough that nothing fall to the bottom. Finally — they will eventually come back so why waste your time and energy?

L0L_Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got stung by a fireworm once, not fun. The only thing i can really say is that some pests cant be fully eradicated, like algae or snails etc etc. I wish you luck

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate these worms and also had to get rid of them from my display tank.
I can say safely I’ve been worm free for months.
The thing that worked for me is removing all the rocks putting them in buckets and doing dips in freshwater real quick. All the worms fly off in panic and move to a new bucket and repeat.

didn’t hurt my cycle as my BB was in my filter
I’m careful about anything new being added to my tank. I do not want any of these creepy huge worms in my tank

OP
OP
R

rowenaad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate these worms and also had to get rid of them from my display tank.
I can say safely I’ve been worm free for months.
The thing that worked for me is removing all the rocks putting them in buckets and doing dips in freshwater real quick. All the worms fly off in panic and move to a new bucket and repeat.

didn’t hurt my cycle as my BB was in my filter
I’m careful about anything new being added to my tank. I do not want any of these creepy huge worms in my tank
Lemme tell u one nasty thing. My leather coral came with a 2”*2” base rock that ive found it as the main source of worm despite dipping in coral dips on day 1. The worms that are hidden far enough managed to survive 3 coral dip + 3 freshwater dip that last idk maybe 30mins then i had a friend help me rip the rocks off, there were still at least 4 inside intact. ive also tried fresh dip lr but it can never reach the deep holes. I hope yours is truly eliminated but it just didnt work for me

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back