Woohoo, my snowcasso laying eggs

thanhreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night, my RBTA was weird shape and I thought it would be splitted. After I took a closer look, I was greeted by the site of hundred of little eyes just behind RBTA. It was coolest that I have ever seen.

DSC01221.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01206.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

Mobile Phone Video:

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats. Any thought to rearing the offspring? If you do, keep me in mind. Those are great looking parents.

jead85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice! saw this on ARC. Let me know if you decide to keep any of them. I'd LOVE to have one

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!! Keep us updated!!:)

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend setting up a small tank with a gently running airstone right away. You can run it to where you get a steady drip from the sump and let it gravity feed back to the sump. That way, it's filtered but not enough suction to harm the fry. I did mine this way years ago and reared hundreds to selling size. When the batch is old enough to fight the current, add a small power filter with a sponge on the input for protection.

Oh, I forgot, order some rotifers too. You can keep them in a 5 gallon bucket with an airstone and a heater.

Put me down for at least one as well!

Steven

OP
OP
thanhreef

thanhreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend setting up a small tank with a gently running airstone right away. You can run it to where you get a steady drip from the sump and let it gravity feed back to the sump. That way, it's filtered but not enough suction to harm the fry. I did mine this way years ago and reared hundreds to selling size. When the batch is old enough to fight the current, add a small power filter with a sponge on the input for protection.

Oh, I forgot, order some rotifers too. You can keep them in a 5 gallon bucket with an airstone and a heater.

Put me down for at least one as well!

Steven

Thank you for your recommend.
I am going to remove them from DT and put them into the fry tank when the lights go out tonight.

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice clowns and RTBA!!!!! I will take any offspring you don't want. trade????

OP
OP
thanhreef

thanhreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got home from work. All eggs were gone. I think they were eaten. I saw Green Mandarin right there. Oh well, I am ready for the next time.

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! If they are anything like my spawning pair, you'll have your pick of clutches more often than you can count. Fantastic looking pair you have.

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when did you buy the clowns from Doni? I want to see the timeline from when you got yours till it laid eggs so i can see when mine might lay eggs. i got my snow in Nov09 and she is paired or mated with a A+ Piccasso. i didnt want to have her mate with any relations to a doni clown.
how big is your female? how big is the male to the female?

yours are beautiful and i hope the next clutch works for you. sometimes the male or female will eat the eggs also.

here is a pic of mine, they look similar to yours..
female snow is on the bottom male picasso on top
IMG_0020.jpg

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when did you buy the clowns from Doni? I want to see the timeline from when you got yours till it laid eggs so i can see when mine might lay eggs. i got my snow in Nov09 and she is paired or mated with a A+ Piccasso. i didnt want to have her mate with any relations to a doni clown.
how big is your female? how big is the male to the female?

yours are beautiful and i hope the next clutch works for you. sometimes the male or female will eat the eggs also.

here is a pic of mine, they look similar to yours..
female snow is on the bottom male picasso on top
IMG_0020.jpg

where did u get your garde a + . if its from ora then it will be related to doni's

nice_corals

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old were they i myself have a pair of snowcassos theyve showed breeding behavior but they havent mated i also have a pair of grade as

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually my Picasso is a F3 or a F4 from Cali. mine are starting to show some behavior, but nothing more than cleaning.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 63 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back