Would it be worth it?

Checkitout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a dual 400w pfo ballast, I really dont know if its magnetic or probe or pulse, using xm 20k on Lumenmax reflectors. Would it be worth my time and money to switch to 400w Lumatek switchable e-ballasts using the same Lumenmax reflectors but use radiums instead.

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be worth it. I like how you can switch from 250 to 400w bulbs without having to swich out ballast. This hobby is expensive enough. IMO it is worth it to spend the extra $$ on energy efficient products. Yeah it cost a little more up front but if you plan on being in the hobby for a long time you will save alot of money on your power bill in the long run.

Last edited:

hounddog01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a dual 400w pfo ballast, I really dont know if its magnetic or probe or pulse, using xm 20k on Lumenmax reflectors. Would it be worth my time and money to switch to 400w Lumatek switchable e-ballasts using the same Lumenmax reflectors but use radiums instead.

I would bet it is magnetic, if it is very large it is. If you like the color and par numbers from thoes 20 k bulbs then keep it. If you switch to a electronic ballast your colors will be different and par number will drop off sharply. Thoes bulbs are at their best on a magnetic ballast.

Back