Would running an unsynced pump negate the point of paying up for synced pumps?

erm0715

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I'm wording this correctly. I have a different post on build recommendations which is what prompted this but this is a more specific direct question.

I like the customization and configurability of the MP40s though at 430 a piece they're not exactly cheap. I considered 2 of those and then potentially a small gyre (Jebao SCP/MCP 70) placed in the back top center of a 120g. *IF* I added that gyre, doesn't that make all the customization and configuration, patterns etc. and all the niceties I'd be paying up for with the MP40s negated or am I looking at this wrong?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I have a pair of RedSea gyres that are synced in the sense that they run the same random/stepped schedule - but at any given time the % variance will be different (since it is randomized).

OP
OP
E

erm0715

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I have a pair of RedSea gyres that are synced in the sense that they run the same random/stepped schedule - but at any given time the % variance will be different (since it is randomized).
Thanks. I think I was looking too much into it...like if I was setting up an oscillating wave the gyre would just crash it and just wasting money on the customization of it.

I think that's the direction I'll go then, couple of MP40's and a small gyre.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I think I was looking too much into it...like if I was setting up an oscillating wave the gyre would just crash it and just wasting money on the customization of it.

I think that's the direction I'll go then, couple of MP40's and a small gyre.
You'll probably have to play around with placement to find the perfect setup, but if you have an airstone that you can place in the tank it makes it easy to follow the flow and see adjustments in realtime.

Back