Would this work?

Chorse Momma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180g, lots of live rock, a mated pr of Benghaiis, now a 6 line wrasse( had 2), mandarin gobie and a Copperband butterfly. Lots of LPS and a seemingly ' activly engaged' pr of Percula Clowns. What I woulod like to know is- Could I possibly slip in another pair of clowns - say Oscillaris, Picasso?? (No Tomatoes or the other more agressive clowns. )

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say yes as long as you have 2 anemones on the opposite side of the tank.Be sure to feed them on diffirent sides also.But there is still a risk.

GL!

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of percs that host a duncan coral on one side of my 180 and a pair of tomatos in a Xenia colony on the other. So far so good!

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like posted above, basically everything should be on opposite ends

I read something like, each pair of clownfish(if more than 1) should have approx. 100 gal per pair, in a clownfish article....

Its a risk, but if you introduce the new ones on the opposite side of the tank,have host nems/corals on opposite ends,and feed on opposite ends you will decrease the chances of fighting

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I read something like, each pair of clownfish(if more than 1) should have approx. 100 gal per pair, in a clownfish article...."

Not always true,We could have a 200 gallon cube.Which is roughly 36x36x36,Im almost positive,there would be problems in a tank like that.I think its better to put a length on it rather than gallonage.I think 6+ foot it best.Anything below that its a huge risk.

But after that,I agree with every thing you stated.

Antonias1391

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive seen a maroon and a perc coexisting in a 75 they both had a large patch to host and each had its own side of the tank. i think the kep is giving them somthing to host on both sides of the tank .

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 52 53.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.1%
Back