Would you do this? Making RO water questions

Michael43

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my home uses a personal well and I've been getting a little worried about running the well dry making so much RO water for my 400+gallons of reef tanks I own. Of course this is something I should think of before setting up a new tank but that's where the obsession comes in. So my question is; I live on a lake, it's literally in my back yard. Could I run a pump from the lake and use the lake water through my RO system? I'm worried about pesticides I know they spray occasionally taking care of the lake but I guess that's where the ro system comes into play. Am I crazy to think trying this or that I'm going to fleet up my well?

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try it. But I might try it in one tank to start. Or you could send it in for triton testing after you filter it. But I think the ro/di should take care of it. Might run duel carbons and make sure you are on top of changing the filters

vertigo01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the State, County, HOA or what have you, allow motor boat traffic on this lake?
Is this a lake that is affected by tides?
In all honsetly? i wouldn't do it, as you never know who or what has been poured/thrown into the water.

I would do as jason suggested and run the watse line back to the well.

OP
OP
Michael43

Michael43

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never thought of that. Prob won't be easy but worth a look. No idea how but I'll look into it

Back