Wounds on bta tentacles?

ntayler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this regular rbta for about 5 months now, and it has grown significantly from a small ugly 1.5 incher. I noticed today that many of the tentacles/arms seem to have strange looking gouges or scratches which I’ve never seen before. This is the best pic I can get
IMG_0752.JPG

Most noticeable on the tentacles in the foreground near the flame angel. Any ideas? And ps it gets fed roughly weekly, and seems very happy (although refuses to bubble lol)

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to see in the pic, is anything picking at it? Water params stable?

BlakeK.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this regular rbta for about 5 months now, and it has grown significantly from a small ugly 1.5 incher. I noticed today that many of the tentacles/arms seem to have strange looking gouges or scratches which I’ve never seen before. This is the best pic I can get
IMG_0752.JPG

Most noticeable on the tentacles in the foreground near the flame angel. Any ideas? And ps it gets fed roughly weekly, and seems very happy (although refuses to bubble lol)

Mine has those same scratched. Almost white looking spots that look like flesh was torn away. It didn’t have any when I bought it, but they turned up when it was moving around a lot to find a spot it liked. I thought it was just from brushing against the rocks when it was moving through crevices, but I honestly don’t know for sure. I was wondering the same thing. Also, mine chose a spot under an overhang and reached its tentacles way out. I removed the overhang and exposed it to more light and now his tentacles are all bubbled up.

OP
OP
ntayler

ntayler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Params are good per yesterday’s tests, have been stable. He’s directly under a kessil a360 about half way up. Never moved since I got it so I assumed it was getting enough light. Never seen anything bother it before. The cleaner shrimps live right underneath but I’ve never seen them picking at the nem. I am going to get some supplement lighting soon, we’ll see if anything changes

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 121 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 34.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 15.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back