Wrasses for 35 gallons?

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning a RedSea Reefer 170 (45 gal total; 35 display)

Are there any wrasses that can live happily in the 35g? Also include wrasses that could enjoy that tank when younger but would need to be rehomed when older because I have no problem with that either.

Gw2kpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow coris. Sleep in the sand -- not suitable for bare bottom or crushed coral substrate.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning a RedSea Reefer 170 (45 gal total; 35 display)

Are there any wrasses that can live happily in the 35g? Also include wrasses that could enjoy that tank when younger but would need to be rehomed when older because I have no problem with that either.

Possum or Pink Streaked would do well in one long term. That's pretty much it.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow coris. Sleep in the sand -- not suitable for bare bottom or crushed coral substrate.

They need more space than a 35 gallon has to offer. Definitely not a nano fish. Could work for a rehoming situation though.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pink streaked wrasse or any of the three wetmorella's, as mentioned above. The key with any of them long term is plenty of live rock and a healthy population of pods, but they will eat prepared foods, it just takes time.

TRAPO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have a Red Sea Reefer 170... and I have a Potter Leopard Wrasse in there, been in there for a year, looks healthy, swims around all day, eats very very very well, no issues with my 3 different species of damsel fish and no signs of stress what so ever. Do I plan on rehoming him later? Nope. Unless there’s a need to, he’s gonna be in the Reefer Por vida... :cool:
Just an FYI, since you have the same tank I do, might as well tell you about the wrasse I do keep in it. SAS!!!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 65 59.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back