WTB Breeding pairs...where to look?

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says I'm looking to buy breeding pairs of fish, particulary the ones listed below:

black ocellaris
orange ocellaris
onyx perculas
regular perculas
GSM
red headed gobies
neon gobies

Does anyone know where I can get any of these fish? As I said I'd prefer them to be spawning/breeding pairs with proof of eggs laid. Thanks in advance!

Chelsey

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi chelsey I don't have any but I was thinking that I see some retired pairs that maybe you should look out for. It seems at least with clowns that they don't start breeding and then breed until they die. I don't know how long they breed but if you find someone saying they have a pair that has been bredding for say 10 years they might not have much left in them or decide after a move they are just done.
I have a pair of onyx that I have had for about 8 months. I bought them very young from Rod and they appear to be cleaning now. I haven't seen any eggs but the small/male has messed up lips from time to time and I watch and he is picking the rocks like he is preparing a bed for the eggs. My point it you may be better off finding 2 fish that have been together a while but have not bred yet. They will also be cheaper this way and more likely to give you a longer breeding life.
My friend had an amazing tank with a pair of ocellaris a few years back. They never laid eggs or acted funny like they were thinking of breeding. He sold them and 2 weeks later they were laying eggs in the new tank. I think it was 2 weeks. I know it was a very short time and 2 weeks sounds right. Sometimes change helps I guess.
Good luck in your hunt by the way.

joesfiddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on uberfrags.net they is someone selling breeding pairs of muliple fish some clowns some angels scooter blennies and a couple more i think

alex garcia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clowns

I have a pair that has been spawning for about 5 months its a large false perc and a grade b picasso from ora i can send pictures of clowns with eggs:smile:

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chelsey, call the Tropicorium... they used to breed all kinds of clownfish, but have stopped rearing the young a while back. they still have most of the pairs and they still spawn regularly. I'm sure they'd be willing to part with something...

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[edited]

I found that you have a number of pairs already through your other thread. Hope they will spawn for you soon. Good luck!

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 59 28.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back