WWC Illuminati

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theyre pretty slow growers compared to my other zoas. They were also pretty touchy, the first few weeks in the tank they didnt look right either umbrellaing, closed up or streching. But eventually they settled down. I went from 2 heads to about 15/20 in 9 months

DannoOMG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some Illuminati Zoa's in my tank for 8 months now.

After FedEX screwed over a shipment, WWC sent me a frag with 3 polyps. Well 8 months later I still only have 3 polyps. They are about middle placement of my tank. I only just recently changed my lighting on the tank. My polyps are skinny and overextend. I'm hoping the new light will give them the boost they need.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some Illuminati Zoa's in my tank for 8 months now.

After FedEX screwed over a shipment, WWC sent me a frag with 3 polyps. Well 8 months later I still only have 3 polyps. They are about middle placement of my tank. I only just recently changed my lighting on the tank. My polyps are skinny and overextend. I'm hoping the new light will give them the boost they need.
Mine are coming in Thursday. First time I’ve ever ordered coral over the net so hoping WWC takes cold weather into account. Haven’t had anything grow that slowly on me yet so here’s hoping these aren’t the first to do so.

DannoOMG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could also be having a hard time growing cause my tank's parameters have been swinging in the nitrates department.

I have 4 other Zoa's that have multiplied. (Twizzler, Jungle Juice (I think), Some pink ones I got at the store and Greenbay Packer Zoas.) This Illuminati one is just struggling. I have an acan that has 4 new heads growing on it's side. I dunno.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could also be having a hard time growing cause my tank's parameters have been swinging in the nitrates department.

I have 4 other Zoa's that have multiplied. (Twizzler, Jungle Juice (I think), Some pink ones I got at the store and Greenbay Packer Zoas.) This Illuminati one is just struggling. I have an acan that has 4 new heads growing on it's side. I dunno.
Did they open up ok after the shipping? That’s my main concern. I’m in KY and it’s cold as balls right now.

Edit: I’ve also got like 10 different strains in that tank and all of them (my white zombies are a little slower) are exploding with growth. I’ve got CB white zombies, orange bam bams, scrambled eggs, Purple Hearts, red hornets, red rings, keds reds, armor of god, fruit loops, alien orgasms, Rasta, bob Marley, WWC purple monsters, Pikachu, utter chaos, goblins on fire, fire and ice, R dragonseyes, and pandoras. Oddly the only thing I can’t get to grow are the pandoras.

35CD2F15-97F2-421D-9AF4-209ABD81A52C.jpeg

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Illuminati are a tricky one. For some folks they grow like weeds and each polyp is pretty decent sized. For other folks they tend to stay smaller and don't due much.

In my experience my colony does better under lower par ~100 and I target feed them directly. However, they're not exactly rolling like some colonies my friends have.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Illuminati are a tricky one. For some folks they grow like weeds and each polyp is pretty decent sized. For other folks they tend to stay smaller and don't due much.

In my experience my colony does better under lower par ~100 and I target feed them directly. However, they're not exactly rolling like some colonies my friends have.
I plan to grow them out side by side on a round rock with my white zombies. They’re the 2 most expensive corals I own so I think it’ll be a cool colony

DannoOMG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's tied with the most expensive corals I own. I have an acan and a blasty that are the same price. $99. I am not confident in my tank abilities to have a coral over that amount.

DannoOMG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20211116_182520.jpg

This is the best pic I can get of them. I have some filters to take better pictures with coming soon.

I think they just don't like my tank. All the other ones are fine. Except I had to blast some aiptasia with Joe's Juice that was right next to them...

20211116_182529.jpg

All the polyps on the left hand side are closed up pretty tight. Hopefully they are just mad and come right back.

20211116_182540.jpg
20211116_182548.jpg
20211116_182554.jpg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is were I am ignorant to softies. I thought that the one Softy/LPS that could be accustomed to SPS settings was a Zoa. Am I wrong in this observation?

The WWC Illuminati are some of my favorites!!!

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is were I am ignorant to softies. I thought that the one Softy/LPS that could be accustomed to SPS settings was a Zoa. Am I wrong in this observation?

The WWC Illuminati are some of my favorites!!!
My experience is they like dirtier water. But I am successfully growing SPS in a softie/LPS tank now with no issues. Except my cyphastrea, that thing grows imperceptibly slow.

edit: I don’t mean WWC Illuminati just zoa in general. I haven’t received the Illuminati I ordered yet. It’s set to ship tonight with delivery tomorrow.

DannoOMG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen my Illuminati Zoa open up like that.

Dirtier water seems like a tricky situation. If I overfeed my nitrates go nuts.

I have some powder coral food and phyoplankton. Could spot feeding it help it's growth?

DannoOMG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose every other day with AB+. Maybe I should start doing it daily.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Fedex showed up late with my package. Absolutely hate Fedex they’re trash. Anyway, so far it’s fine. WWC sent me a single HUGE head. Super excellent packaging for the cold weather.

Attachments

• 5A06DCCE-9EBE-4591-9427-AC55989A14F7.jpeg
    5A06DCCE-9EBE-4591-9427-AC55989A14F7.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 68

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.0%
Back