187a_.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 171

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most breeders or people that are trying to breed these are unsuccessful to date. If you do find some be very careful most "unknown" breeders are trying to pass off platiniums as whyoming whites. 2 of my friends got burned already. I have had fish hatch out but none with any markings to call home about

I've read that the easiest way to tell is the eye, gold in perc and black in occy, is this true?

To clarify for people looking. Wyoming Whites are basically mostly white ocellaris. Platinums are percula. Platinums are common but 'White Ocellaris' or Wyoming Whites are rare at the moment. I have one and try to get them all the time but they are not easy to come by. That all will change in time :)

That is what I always thought, just a solid white snowflake just like you would get a platinum from picassos. However I've read that it is a totally different gene and that fancy occys come from breeding ww with a regular occy. Anyone have any thoughts?

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read that the easiest way to tell is the eye, gold in perc and black in occy, is this true?

That is what I always thought, just a solid white snowflake just like you would get a platinum from picassos. However I've read that it is a totally different gene and that fancy occys come from breeding ww with a regular occy. Anyone have any thoughts?
Easiest way is the eyes, harder is the number of spines in the dorsal fin

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the ad in coral magazine C-quest is still advertising Wyoming whites, atleast they have a picture of them in the ad

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the ad in coral magazine C-quest is still advertising Wyoming whites, atleast they have a picture of them in the ad
yeah i saw that and i laughed..... i hope they prove me wrong and just surprise us all and have about 1000 or so ready to sell...

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair and had to pay through the nose for them;) Took me forever to find them and had to talk the owner into selling them to me.

c5b2ccbb.jpg

cf4c87f7.jpg

Last edited:

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's worth noting that they are stunning in person, as white as white can be, iridescent almost.

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair and had to pay through the nose for them;) Took me forever to find them and had to talk the owner into selling them to me.

c5b2ccbb.jpg

cf4c87f7.jpg
very nice pair!! I agree alot of people that dont have them dont understand the difference in the clean white color compared to the blah platnium white color, difference is night and day!!!

Last edited:

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a better pic of lil guy with his gal

Attachments

• 179a_.jpg
    179a_.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 138

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SA Fancy Snows are a Fancy and Snowflake cross. Its the SA Fancy Whites that are Fancy and WW. Both are gorgeous breeds :)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 60 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back