OP
JDubb_4051

JDubb_4051

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely love my Wyze cams, I'm up to 5 now, one of the best bargains in tech.
These truly seem like no brainers especially at $20 a pop. If I can get it to work I'll likely buy one for tank view and one for sump view (I'm apparently paranoid if you can't tell).

Next will be mounting these outside. I saw a video review of an outdoor enclosure so couple that with the ability to daisy chain these things (I guess 3 max). Would be pretty stoked if I can get that to work.

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one of these to try out. Seems to work great until I leave the house and try to access the feed remotely. Did you guys have a similar issue?

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one of these to try out. Seems to work great until I leave the house and try to access the feed remotely. Did you guys have a similar issue?

What's your home and phone internet speeds like? Those will have the biggest impact on performance.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new protocol will not be updated frequently so use knowing so. The idea is to be able to add it to the Fusion interface, but I haven't tried since I read the part about the RTSP firmware not being a focus for them.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The new protocol will not be updated frequently so use knowing so. The idea is to be able to add it to the Fusion interface, but I haven't tried since I read the part about the RTSP firmware not being a focus for them.
Oh gotcha! Might be worth looking into though. FWIW i love the native app. It works great. I heard good things about tinycam but the wyze app has not dissapointed yet and ive been using it for a few months now...

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have three cameras watching the DT, sump and fish room. I was on vacation in Hawaii last week and was extremely pleased to see how well they worked. I wasn’t sure if I would have problems or not.

Mine run on of all things Comcast 2.4 GHz WiFi.

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your home and phone internet speeds like? Those will have the biggest impact on performance.

The speeds are average or above average, so I don't think that was the issue. During my troubleshooting I reset my router and now am able to access the video feed remotely. Seems like a great camera for $20.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back