Wyze plugs and feed mode

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've started to experiment with with controlling simple things on my tank with some wifi outlets from wyze. I have my lighting (Metal halide and t5) schedule set through the plugs. Return pump and skimmer are both on wifi outlets. I've even been able to set up "if then" statements such as "if return pump off, then skimmer off" and "if return pump turns on and runs for 20 min, then skimmer on"

One thing I can't figure out is how can I set up a feed mode. I want to turn the return pump off and have it return on 30min later, but what I'm running into is when I go to do maintenance (water change) the pump is turning back on after 30 min. I'm thinking I might have to set up feed mode running through a powerhead. Something like powerhead 1 off -> return off, skimmer off -> if powerhead 1 off for 30 min then return pump on.

Any ideas?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could be of help, but I think I need you to help me. I'm running several things on my nano off of Wyze plugs but only use them to turn them off and on when feeding or doing maintenance (using Alexa). How are you programming the Wyze for if/then statements?!

OP
OP
P

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could be of help, but I think I need you to help me. I'm running several things on my nano off of Wyze plugs but only use them to turn them off and on when feeding or doing maintenance (using Alexa). How are you programming the Wyze for if/then statements?!
in the app click the + and select "add rule"
then select "device trigger" and you can set them up in there

To be clear, I called them If/then statements, but in the wyze app they are rules that follow When/Action statements. So they are technically "when this / do that" type of actions.

Example
I have a trigger called "pump on" and the action looks like this
When - "return pump" has been on for 20min
Action - "Protein Skimmer" turns on

I also have a trigger called "pump off"
When - "return pump" turns off
Action - turn off "protein skimmer"

These together make it so my skimmer doesn't overflow when restarting the return pump and the sump level is higher than normal.

You can set the rules up to only happen during certain times as well.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back