X gallon aquarium question

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally I see this as two different ways. You see some who post "my tank is 180 gallons" and they normally mean just their DT. You also see people post "my system is 180 gallons" and those people normally mean DT + sump.

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally I see this as two different ways. You see some who post "my tank is 180 gallons" and they normally mean just their DT. You also see people post "my system is 180 gallons" and those people normally mean DT + sump.

Build threads. "Arthur's 180g build". Tank or tank+sump?

Shelbytwp123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bc in all reality if you have 120g DT and 80g sump you don't have 200 system bc no1s sump that I know is filled to capacity with water so there for most of us is stating the size of our DT

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bc in all reality if you have 120g DT and 80g sump you don't have 200 system bc no1s sump that I know is filled to capacity with water so there for most of us is stating the size of our DT

I agree normally I see it more as an estimate when they talk about full system size

I think he is speaking of 180g DT
Sounds about right most people when doing a build thread they will only say DT size.

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I'm getting ready to order the Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL which is 160g display and 40g sump. Didn't know how to tell people what I have.

You can do it a couple of ways with out being wrong. You can say I have a Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL (most RSR know how to figure out those sizes). You can saying I have a 160g tank. Or you can say I have a 160g DT with a 40g sump

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 51 44.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back