X10 for automating kalk stirrer

Reef Altitude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the dosing head in an X10 rated for continuous duty?

Looking to use the X10 and an IV for ph and ALK testing and the fourth head to dose kalk based on the test results.

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the dosing head in an X10 rated for continuous duty?

Looking to use the X10 and an IV for ph and ALK testing and the fourth head to dose kalk based on the test results.
Honestly im not sure, but as long as you can dose it multiple times a day you should be fine. I used to dose 500ml by doing 41.5 ml 12 times throughout the day and had no problems. The biggest concern is raising the ph too quickly.

OP
OP
Reef Altitude

Reef Altitude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly im not sure, but as long as you can dose it multiple times a day you should be fine. I used to dose 500ml by doing 41.5 ml 12 times throughout the day and had no problems. The biggest concern is raising the ph too quickly.
That's good to hear.

I see those ph graphs that look like a mountain range and then everyone talks about stability.
Hard to tell how stable stable really is.

¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

I have lots of sps and it's so sensitive to chemistry changes. Still a newbie on keeping coral (1.5 years) but did fowlr for 5 years before.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back