XAqua InOut & Rimless Overflow Options

DukeOfSavoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about to order one of the 32g rimless cuboid aquamaxx tanks and I'm trying to decide on how I'm gonna arrange my overflow and return. For simplicity and less risky my choice would be leaning towards the InOut overflow from XAqua. My 2nd choice is a simple bulkhead and low profile strainer with a durso pipe on the backside.
I've only seen a couple tanks that use the bulkhead(and strainer) by itself, which worries me as to how well it would workout. The InOut seems like it is basically the same thing with some kind of noise reduction built into it. I'm curious to know if anyone can offer insight into either options, like operating noise cause it's in my bedroom. Right now my current tank has a HOB siphon overflow and the small amount of noise is not a problem.
My first inclination is to give the bulkhead/strainer a go and if it doesn't work I can put in the InOut, as the hole for each is the same.
I was considering the eshopps eclipse s but having the larger overflow box inside my tank would ruin the clean look of a rimless tank. I also was thinking about an old fashion standpipe overflow in the corner, so that nothing is hanging on the back but I'd rather it on the back than in the tank.
Thoughts anyone?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back