XP2000 Issues

kels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time i turn it off when i do a water change the skimmer stops working and if it does then it blows little air bubbles out of the exiting pipe can anyone help me out of what i can do to fix this?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running carbon in front of the skimmer in your sump? When doing a water change, the water is generally much cleaner than regular tank water, so a foam head won't build up immediately a lot of times.

How long does it take to get back to normal?

OP
OP
K

kels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it usually never does and i am running carbon before it, i used to just take the pump apart and it would go back to normal. But this time i did that it did not go back to normal.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the same issue with the 3000. I usually just take it aprt to double check everything spinning frrely(no snails, etc). Then repeatedly unplug it until it works.

tinkerman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if your pump doesn't have modle number on pump these had a timming issue. coralvue sent me a new pump because of this.

OP
OP
K

kels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you guys know where i can contact coralvue about getting a new pump or help fix my issues?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that Jeremy readily checks their sponser forums on RC, or you could the use the contact us on their website. I have his email, but rather not give it out unless he ok'ed it. You could also PM through RC as well.

tinkerman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have a number on their contact page, I have called and gotten help. The lady I spoke to when had problems didn't seem very familiar with their products but I got a replacement pump in about a week. Ph: 985-781-9078

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's nice, I remember years back when when their customer service was viewed as a bit iffy. Could the pumps prop just be getting stuck.. when was it last cleaned? Granted this is a complete shot in the dark. ;)

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you checked your impeller magnet??... I sort of started having similar symptoms and when I opened it the magnet was corroded cracked and swollen!! :squigglemouth::horse:

Back