XR15 Diffuser

Jerry Ebner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I broke down and ordered an XR 15 Diffuser for my Radeon Lights From Marine Depot. Install was really tight and I was afraid to break the diffuser. With that said I got it on there it seems the white panel that screws in was warped. I hate to return stuff so it worked out but has anyone else had issues? I got one more and with an experience like this makes me want to not mess with the XR 30 diffuser.

Airwarf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine installed the same way and I did notice the slight convex shape of the white plastic mount you mentioned. The 'warping' in the plastic seemed uniform and once I got it seated properly everything lined up well. I just assumed it was an intentional design element to hold pressure on the LED puck or something to keep it water tight.

Edit:
I just watched the Marine Depot install video and their's has the same shape. When he places the mount on the lamp you can see it wobble a little, confirming it's convex shaped. Leads me to believe it's intentional and not defective.

OP
OP
Jerry Ebner

Jerry Ebner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine installed the same way and I did notice the slight convex shape of the white plastic mount you mentioned. The 'warping' in the plastic seemed uniform and once I got it seated properly everything lined up well. I just assumed it was an intentional design element to hold pressure on the LED puck or something to keep it water tight.

Edit:
I just watched the Marine Depot install video and their's has the same shape. When he places the mount on the lamp you can see it wobble a little, confirming it's convex shaped. Leads me to believe it's intentional and not defective.

I didn't see that video but cool. I may consider adding it to my other light. I was hoping It wasn't just me having an issue and you make a good point to the water seal.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 41.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 105 49.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back