XR30 G5 Issues - Maybe I am missing something

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I received an error message on my Apex last night, this AM the lights were flashing red/green. I have 2 above my tank. The one on the left has amber buttons, so I assume that the buttons ARE NOT disabled on both units then (I am unaware if they were ever put in disable mode). The unit that will not fire up and is flashing red/green will not respond to using the buttons to hard reset the unit. When I open my Mobius app, I am getting a "open circuit" error message. I took the power supply from this unit and switched it with the other unit, and it is fine. Everything I have read online appears to be that this is a hardware failure. But, I haven't been able to see anything really recent (this year) regarding a XR30 G5 and the open circuit issue. I am thinking I will have to pack this up and send it off to Ecotech (I purchased it used 30 days ago here on R2R, notice my screen name :) ) Am I missing something? I can't locate anywhere in Mobius where I can ensure that the buttons are in fact NOT disabled. I am thinking I will have to send this in ($$igh...) but wanted to check and see if I am missing something.

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You could always remove that light and just try connecting to it through Mobius? There's a way to factory reset the light through the buttons (don't recall offhand - you'd have to Google it).
Let me try that. Maybe the buttons will become responsive that way. What I read is that if they are amber (the other light is amber) then they buttons are not disabled. But, that is a good idea to unwind the MXM and see if that helps at all. Be back shortly.

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You could always remove that light and just try connecting to it through Mobius? There's a way to factory reset the light through the buttons (don't recall offhand - you'd have to Google it).
It was worth a try, still the same unfortunately.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 152 76.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 20 10.1%

Back