Y'all Know Me...

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I knew about a few tanks in CT of this caliber, but I don't think I've ever seen yours before. Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to some more pics!

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Michael, welcome to R2R! Its great seeing a reefing legend here on this site. :D

Michael is being very modest. When I was starting out in the hobby I drew great inspiration from his setups. He is the OG reefer, and a legend among hobbyists. Just look at what he was doing with SPS back in the year 2000! This was at a time when many didn't know the first thing about keeping SPS alive, let alone colored and growing.

Here are some great examples of his work:

Welcome to Moyes Reef

Feature Aquarium: The Aquarium of Michael G. Moye — Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog

The showstopping Acropora colonies of Michael Moye (and a great experience with the Avast Marine Porthole)

Tank of the Month - March 2003 - Reefkeeping Online

16.jpg

This is back in 2002!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

19.jpg

Last edited:

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been there and saw it in person over the summer this year, great guy and sweet tank, Thanks again Mike

Bill

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mike here is a second welcome and wow your tank(s) were and are beautiful! Glad to have you as a member. Please post often and share your knowledge with the whipper snappers! HA!

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah check out that 2003 Tank of the Month article, was reading through it last night ~ absolutely wonderful set-up. Love the work space behind the tank as well. Welcome again Michael!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back