Yay my clown hosting a BTA!

allabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this pair of clowns for just a month or so and decided to get a BTA. On Sunday I got the BTA in the tank and on Tuesday evening the onyx picasso started hosting! Sorry about the blue pics, this was just after it started hosting, main lights are off. The BTA is purple with green tips and the clown rarely leaves it anymore! So excited! The snowflake hasn't really gone in the nem, which is fine because it was being quite aggressive with the onyx and has left it alone since then. I'm guessing eventually it will host too, but who knows.

Attachments

• clowns-nem.jpg
    clowns-nem.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 178
  • onyx-in-nem2.jpg
    onyx-in-nem2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 155
  • onyx-nem.jpg
    onyx-nem.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 180

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!!! I love the symbiotic relationship between clowns and anemones. It is neat to watch.

OP
OP
allabout

allabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, the anemone kinda looks like an acro in the first pic. :bigsmile:

Haha yeah it had pulled in a bit when the clown first started hosting there so the tentacles look a bit short.

Thanks everyone, I'm glad it started, I know sometimes they just don't want to do it and there isn't much you can do. Got lucky they hooked up so quickly!

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back