Yeah, it happened, dosing pump kept running and running

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it can happen with all brands. The chip on the pcb that switches the pumps on/off isn't Jebao but from a generic chipmaker. Dosing pump manufacturers don't have a lot of options here i guess.

I'm 99.9% sure that there isn't a dedicated "chip" used for this. Likely, it's an output pin on a microcontroller switching a transistor. Or controlling a motor driver (or something similar). Neither of which is application specific to dosing pumps, and all of which have hundreds -- if not thousands -- of options on the market.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found an issue though with this method of pulling the dosing line up.
Looks like the fluid will drop back a little towards the dosing container during the day, so not the right amount will be dosed.
That means you have a small leak somewhere in the line. Look for air bubbles to see what part of the line it is. Could be a bad seat, wrong type of tubing used (some require 4/6mm soft, some okay with hard, etc), a crack in a tube, or a leak in the head itself.

OP
OP
H

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That means you have a small leak somewhere in the line. Look for air bubbles to see what part of the line it is. Could be a bad seat, wrong type of tubing used (some require 4/6mm soft, some okay with hard, etc), a crack in a tube, or a leak in the head itself.
Found the issue. There was not enough tube around the wheels in the dosing head, it's not getting squeezed well enough then.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back