Yellow Carnation/Sabea Anemone

zagviper71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i picked up this yellow carnation/sabea anemone at the other day at the LFS. Whole body is yellow and the disc. Trying to do some research really not much info on these nems. Anyone, experts care to chime in for some info? I know they are like a H. Malu morph.

yellow.jpg

Postal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Sebae" is just a generic name used in the industry. There are no actual "sebae" anemones. They are either H. malu or H. crispa.
In this case it looks like a malu based on general appearance and the rings on the tentacles. If the colors in the pic are accurate I am not convinced it is dyed. Dyed anemones are usually brighter than that. But if the entire column is yellow, then it is likely dyed, but it was either a quick job or the anemone has expelled a lot of the dye over time. If just the rim of the foot is yellow then it could be the normal color for the nem. I had a brown malu that had a bright yellow foot (but a white column).
Dyed anemones can survive when given proper care. Proper lighting and water conditions can bring them back like most other bleached anemones assuming the nem is otherwise healthy.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back