yellow haddoni

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked up this lemon yellow haddoni tonight. i'm curious to see if it holds this color. i think it will end up turning green in 6 months to a year down the road. it looks pretty awesome right now though! i hope i'm wrong and it keeps this color :) so far it seems healthy. hoping and praying that it stays like that...

thoughts? think it's a bleached green, or are there actually yellow haddoni?

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO looks neon green and i think it will stay that way. Looks really cool though !!!

DiverGirl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks yellow to me in the first one. Are you sure it's not the blue lights giving it a greenish tint?

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my main question would be... has anyone seen a haddoni this color naturally? i have not. that's why i am wondering if it's a bleached green.

i posted pics of 2 different color spectrums for an overall better ideal of color. white/blue and just blue, aprox 14k & 20k.

i looked at it outside in actual sunlight and it was lemon yellow with a very slight green hint to it. very much like the white light pic i posted. under the led's, it has a highliter yellow glow to it under whites or just blue.

a pic from this morning. looks like it's settling in nicely :)

now, i need to get a bigger tank to have more room for my nems. lol

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like a yellow Gigantea, it's a bleached green.

picked up this lemon yellow haddoni tonight. i'm curious to see if it holds this color. i think it will end up turning green in 6 months to a year down the road. it looks pretty awesome right now though! i hope i'm wrong and it keeps this color :) so far it seems healthy. hoping and praying that it stays like that...

thoughts? think it's a bleached green, or are there actually yellow haddoni?

philfree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, kinda seems like this might be a [HASHTAG]#thedress[/HASHTAG] thing that might happen here.
But that looks like an ordinary, run of the mill, neon green carpet.
A darn sexy one! but green.

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pick of a green, next to the new yellow for comparison. While I do agree that it's most likely a bleached green, it's definitely not "green" at the moment. Definitely not a "the dress" thing...

But that looks like an ordinary, run of the mill, neon green carpet.

Just curious what lfs you shop at where neon greens are that common? Maybe on the west coast?
Took me quite awhile to find this small neon green, and it came from a local reefer. I've seen a couple 18" + come around, but small neons are not that common around here... That's like me trying to find a small (less then 12") red. No luck so far locally. Well, for a reasonable price anyway...

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^Petty sure that's just because small carpet anemones (non mini maxis) are hard to find in general, not because it's green, as you said reds are rare too in that size so I'm pretty sure it's the size

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pick of a green, next to the new yellow for comparison. While I do agree that it's most likely a bleached green, it's definitely not "green" at the moment. Definitely not a "the dress" thing...

Just curious what lfs you shop at where neon greens are that common? Maybe on the west coast?
Took me quite awhile to find this small neon green, and it came from a local reefer. I've seen a couple 18" + come around, but small neons are not that common around here... That's like me trying to find a small (less then 12") red. No luck so far locally. Well, for a reasonable price anyway...

Just order one. Super easy

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just order one. Super easy

if that is the case, getting any carpet nem is "super easy". i can go on the internet and find any color or type of nem that i want, but....

will it ship well?

will it look like the pic?

is the price reasonable?

i have been burnt on all 3 of those accounts on separate occasions. no, thanks... i'll wait and find them locally :)

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a nice S. Gigantea, talk to bob over at ibluewater.com

He will get you want you want (any color) and have you pick it up at the local Airport to avoid any further stress. You will pay, but you guys have no idea how much treatment water and time is spent trying to get one of these things stable. However, he's still a little high IMO.

I would also suggest LiveAquaria (not divers den). Divers Den's blue and purple anemones die 75% of the time. That's when they have one. I haven't seen one in months.

Just the regular Live Aquaria has the brown ones. Priced very reasonable and are great nems. I've seen a lot of multi colored gigs come in. Order a Large. Small is very small.

You can also get gigs from bluezooaquatics.com

They don't have the best shipping skills. However, their gigs are the cheapest. They will not give a refund on DOA gigs. I can understand why. Most reefers have no clue what they're getting into and kill them within a week. Then lie and say it was DOA.

LA will give ur money back. You will need to take good pictures of the unboxing and document their arrival, acclimation, and or treatment.

OR.....you can simply go on GIG HUNTS like me and Clorox over at RC. We're pretty good at finding needles in haystacks.

I have 3 $40 gigs now. :)

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple other secret places you might wanna try for gigs. :)

Of course this place had them all labeled as S. HADDONI!!!!!!!!!!!

Or you can pm me if you want a nice gig from a guy who knows how to treat, care for them, and ship them. His are around $150 give or take but in top condition.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back