Yellow tang prefer Brine over Mysis

N8 the Gr8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been feeding enriched hikari brine shrimp with spirulina soaked in. After reading a little bit on nutrition, I decided to try out my Mysis that I usually feed to my goby because it has a little more protein and is preferred. I tried it out and my clowns went for it as well as my kole tang which only ate the big pieces. However my yellow tang would go for it. Take it in its mouth and do a little stutter thing and spit it out. However I tried mixing the two together (both hikari, brine shrimp and Mysis) and dashed straight for the brine shrimp and acted the same way towards the Mysis if he found a piece. Do you think this is a palette thing or is he not used to the new food? Or is there a problem with him. I was also planning on getting some nori in the future. Thoughts?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been feeding enriched hikari brine shrimp with spirulina soaked in. After reading a little bit on nutrition, I decided to try out my Mysis that I usually feed to my goby because it has a little more protein and is preferred. I tried it out and my clowns went for it as well as my kole tang which only ate the big pieces. However my yellow tang would go for it. Take it in its mouth and do a little stutter thing and spit it out. However I tried mixing the two together (both hikari, brine shrimp and Mysis) and dashed straight for the brine shrimp and acted the same way towards the Mysis if he found a piece. Do you think this is a palette thing or is he not used to the new food? Or is there a problem with him. I was also planning on getting some nori in the future. Thoughts?
My yellow tang loves mysis, sometimes they spit it out, not sure what they are looking for in the perfect shrimp lol. He will eat it eventually. What brand mysis jw?

OP
OP
N8 the Gr8

N8 the Gr8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hikari brand Mysis shrimp. Thanks for the input! They’re kinda like a little kid sometimes.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hikari brand Mysis shrimp. Thanks for the input! They’re kinda like a little kid sometimes.
Very true! Hakari is good, he should like it eventually, if he doesent try pe mysis, it’s a little bigger shrimps and more smelly(fish like it) lol.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 101 77.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back