woo yeon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a student living in Korea and my English is not good
The contents may be strange using a translator
Please excuse me.

Looking at the tank this morning, I saw that the yellow tang was like that and it was in very good condition until yesterday

In my opinion, the ammonia rose momentarily
It appears to have been hit by the sinking

Also, considering that white spot insects have formed on the skin, I think there is some effect of white spot insects

My tank is about 18 gallons
There are two other fish and shrimps besides the yellow tang of the coral reef, and they haven't been hit

So I'm wondering if this is due to ammonia shock and white spots or for other reasons, and I don't know what to do with the treatment

I've already taken anthelmintic bath
Antibiotics and various antibacterial drugs are prepared

I've changed about 40% of my hair color
Yellow Tongs have been isolated

Give me advice on treatment and care

The water condition of the tank is as follows

35ppt of salinity

Ammonia 0

0 nitrite

nitrate 10
Alkalineity 8.2

Magnesium 1320

Calcium 450

phosphate 0.046

When you finish writing, you might have a problem with the context or content of the writing I am not good at English and I am using some help from a translator, so please let me know if there is any problem
20230420_115516.jpg

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The fish has cloudy eyes and the white spots. This is a sign that it has marine ich, Cryptocaryon. It is also called white spot disease.

You will need to treat this fish with copper (not sure what products you have in South Korea) or with low salinity (called hyposalinity).

Jay

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To add to what Jay said:

I would treat all fish and run the tank without any fish for 45 days at 81 degrees. Otherwise, when you put it back, it can become re-infected from the other fish even if they don't appear sick.

The fish looks thin to me, it needs nori and quality frozen foods imo.

I know people do things different there and a tang in a 18g may be normal but it is a very small tank for such an active fish... this will cause stress to the fish, which can lower the immune system, and make it more susceptible to getting sick.

You may want to consider smaller more appropriate fish for such a small tank to make keeping them easier.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am a student living in Korea and my English is not good
The contents may be strange using a translator
Please excuse me.

Looking at the tank this morning, I saw that the yellow tang was like that and it was in very good condition until yesterday

In my opinion, the ammonia rose momentarily
It appears to have been hit by the sinking

Also, considering that white spot insects have formed on the skin, I think there is some effect of white spot insects

My tank is about 18 gallons
There are two other fish and shrimps besides the yellow tang of the coral reef, and they haven't been hit

So I'm wondering if this is due to ammonia shock and white spots or for other reasons, and I don't know what to do with the treatment

I've already taken anthelmintic bath
Antibiotics and various antibacterial drugs are prepared

I've changed about 40% of my hair color
Yellow Tongs have been isolated

Give me advice on treatment and care

The water condition of the tank is as follows

35ppt of salinity

Ammonia 0

0 nitrite

nitrate 10
Alkalineity 8.2

Magnesium 1320

Calcium 450

phosphate 0.046

When you finish writing, you might have a problem with the context or content of the writing I am not good at English and I am using some help from a translator, so please let me know if there is any problem
20230420_115516.jpg
In your country, there should be seachem Cupramine to be dosed at therapuetic level .5 but im not sure what test kits you have for copper. I believe you have Sera. Hanna is best in USA but other you may have is Nyos.
What test kits do you have now for ammonia? At Zero, you would not have ammonia poisoning as you suspected.
For cupramine, you will need to place fish in Quarantine tank and treat with Copper For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit - No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off

OP
OP
W

woo yeon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
답변 감사합니다 검역소에 격리하고 큐프라민 치료를 시작했습니다 Hannah hi747 체커로 농도를 조절했고 지금은 움직임이 어느 정도 개선된 것 같습니다 답변 감사합니다

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
답변 감사합니다 검역소에 격리하고 큐프라민 치료를 시작했습니다 Hannah hi747 체커로 농도를 조절했고 지금은 움직임이 어느 정도 개선된 것 같습니다 답변 감사합니다
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Can you please translate your post to English?

Thanks,

Jay

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%

Back