yellow tang with ich maybe,

hellenkellerisafake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my yellow tang only appears to have white spots in blue lighting but in white lighting they disappear? i don’t need to worry right? i can’t get a good photo of the spots they don’t appear on camera either. i am probably just extremely paranoid sorry for this

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a lot of issues here trying to ID diseases under different types of lighting. I prefer viewing the fish under natural sunlight, or around 5500K. Too blue, and I cannot see the details I need.

Yellow tangs can be tough to ID diseases on due to their color and skin texture:

If the spots are pinhead in size and they change location and number every few days, it could be ich. I can usually see ich on yellow tangs by looking at them obliquely from the side - then you can see tiny raised bumps.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
my yellow tang only appears to have white spots in blue lighting but in white lighting they disappear? i don’t need to worry right? i can’t get a good photo of the spots they don’t appear on camera either. i am probably just extremely paranoid sorry for this
Try video or even provide blue light pic to get some kind of clue.

OP
OP
hellenkellerisafake

hellenkellerisafake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 828E91AF-75D9-4007-97C7-03890500CA40.jpeg
    828E91AF-75D9-4007-97C7-03890500CA40.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3031.MOV
    5.7 MB
OP
OP
hellenkellerisafake

hellenkellerisafake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a lot of issues here trying to ID diseases under different types of lighting. I prefer viewing the fish under natural sunlight, or around 5500K. Too blue, and I cannot see the details I need.

Yellow tangs can be tough to ID diseases on due to their color and skin texture:

If the spots are pinhead in size and they change location and number every few days, it could be ich. I can usually see ich on yellow tangs by looking at them obliquely from the side - then you can see tiny raised bumps.

Jay

Attachments

• IMG_3031.MOV
    5.7 MB
  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    5.8 MB

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It is very difficult to make an assessment with a 3 second video but your mimic yellow seems to have cryptocaryon which is marine ich and will need treatment in a separate quarantine tank and treated with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a tank from a second hand store or a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.

OP
OP
hellenkellerisafake

hellenkellerisafake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very difficult to make an assessment with a 3 second video but your mimic yellow seems to have cryptocaryon which is marine ich and will need treatment in a separate quarantine tank and treated with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a tank from a second hand store or a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.
how big should the quarantine tank be? thank u SO much!!!!!!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 38 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 45 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%

Back