Yellow TENUIS

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I feel like there are a good amount of "yellow" acros out there now and more becoming available.

However, what are some of your favorite yellow TENUIS, I would like to be focused on TENUIS.
Also, I am talking that are yellow under DAYLIGHT!! Not all blue with orange filters.

Here are some of the "yellow" tenuis I own:

WaltDisney.jpg

Walt Disney, this one isn't technically or even close to all yellow but it definitely has good yellow PE. This is one of my mini colonies from awhile back.

YellowTulip.jpg

This is my CW Yellow Tulip. I got this from indo around 2 years ago, maybe longer at this point. This is a yellow through high light but you can see in the lower light by its base, it has some green. I blast this one with par.

yellow1.jpg

This is an unnamed yellow tenuis, again from indo. I have only had this one for around 6 months however it has kept its yellow and I am hoping that continues. I do not name my pieces after I have had them at least 6-8 months. I will probably name this and start selling soon since it has done great in aquarium life :)

yellow2.jpg

This is another unnamed tenuis that I got in the same shipment as the one above around 6 months ago. I really like this one and it has stayed very close to yellow, if anything I think it may turn a little orangish..

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Check out the poto outer worlds , newer release . It is a yellow tenuis with blue tips . Pretty sweet

I have seen this one on their instagram and have been thinking of trying to get one but the price is pretty steep for a coral I've only seen pictures of and never in person.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tenuis! The yellow ones are my favorite by far. Under good strong light and lower nutrients they are amazing and I hope others post their nice daylight pics if anyone else has any. Not a go to coral these days since high nutrients and blue leds don’t really show the coral for what it is. It takes a little skill to keep these colored to a true yellow, which is partially why I like them.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Beautiful tenuis! The yellow ones are my favorite by far. Under good strong light and lower nutrients they are amazing and I hope others post their nice daylight pics if anyone else has any. Not a go to coral these days since high nutrients and blue leds don’t really show the coral for what it is. It takes a little skill to keep these colored to a true yellow, which is partially why I like them.

Thank you!

I completely agree. Keeping them a honest yellow under daylights is really hard, a lot of them want to turn green. I would love to see what other people have. Even if it is an unnamed tenuis like I have.

Coling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it's still around, but FarmerTy's Titanium Tenuis was a beautiful blue and yellow tenuis.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess no one else appreciates the solid yellow ones because they turn straight green with higher nutrients and the mostly blue led programs everyone uses these days.
I will try and find the picture of a Bali piece I had a few years ago that was just lemon yellow. Eric L in Virginia was the only one who had a drag from this lineage that was growing when I lost it maybe he can update here.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I guess no one else appreciates the solid yellow ones because they turn straight green with higher nutrients and the mostly blue led programs everyone uses these days.
I will try and find the picture of a Bali piece I had a few years ago that was just lemon yellow. Eric L in Virginia was the only one who had a drag from this lineage that was growing when I lost it maybe he can update here.

Yeah that is what I am thinking too. It really is tough to keep a tenuis a true yellow or as yellow as possible.

buddie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the most yellow I had, unfortunately it had green polyps so the yellow doesn't standout Screenshot_20220321-205408~2.png

buddie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it's long gone.. picture was from 2005. Back when orange digi was as cool as tenuis and I ran lights like this lol. Screenshot_20220321-205746~2.png

Viet658

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up this one recently maricultured from Bali. Hoping it keeps its yellow.
38598080_Unknown.jpeg
38597952_Unknown.jpeg
38598000_Unknown.jpeg

Back