Yellow Watchman Goby Ich?

kswan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B6215110-33F1-40AF-8E21-C4A153255C0F.jpeg
I noticed these white spots/flakes on my yellow watchman goby. It is difficult to tell which are the normal blue spots and what is something else. Any thoughts? I picked it up on Wednesday and is currently in my QT system. Should I just start copper? Seems to be eating some at least.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't really see much in those pics. Gobies are usually pretty resistant. Can you upload some additional pics?

I personally would treat the fish with copper regardless as all of my fish got through prophylactic copper.

I would recommend a FW dip to see if flukes are present.

OP
OP
kswan

kswan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @HotRocks i couldn’t get any better photos. I think it is fine and I’m just being paranoid. I’ll fresh water dip and do my standard copper treatment. Thanks for your advice!

Nathan Milender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not see ich in the picture. It does look like his dorsal fin is frayed. I have a watchman and I sometimes think I see ich when it is really just his spots. If yours is like mine, look when you do your feeding routine and he shows off his fins. Look for symmetry. That picture makes me suspect bacterial more than ich. Consider one of the gram neg treatments.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back