Yellow Watchman Goby (White Poop)

tpirovol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two watchman gobies in qurantine and noticed white stringy poop. I started PraziPro but should I also start API General Cure & Focus?

If so what is the easiest way to feed them? I tried pelletes but it turns into a mush and they are not eating it. Is the PraziPro enough?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have two watchman gobies in qurantine and noticed white stringy poop. I started PraziPro but should I also start API General Cure & Focus?

If so what is the easiest way to feed them? I tried pelletes but it turns into a mush and they are not eating it. Is the PraziPro enough?
Before assuming internal parasite- if you’re feeding both mysis and brine shrimp- it will produce white poop
If not , treatment in a separate quarantine setting will be be metroplex or metroplex/focus combination

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

More background information is needed. How long have you had the fish? Are they breathing fast/hard? You say they don't eat pellets, are they eating anything? White stringy poop is one sign of starvation.

Jay

OP
OP
T

tpirovol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had them for 1.5 weeks, they are in the QT tank and came in looking fine. They are eating pellets just not when turned into the slurry focus creates.

they are breathing normally

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had them for 1.5 weeks, they are in the QT tank and came in looking fine. They are eating pellets just not when turned into the slurry focus creates.

they are breathing normally
Oh, I misunderstood. Skip the Focus/medication route unless you are able to calculate a proper dose. Otherwise, it is really like your physician throwing a handful of pills at you and saying swallow any that you catch(grin).

Here is an article on that subject:

Jay

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 63 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back