Yellow watchmen goby irritated mouth

The_Jewce

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow watchmen goby seems to have something going on with his mouth. He’s been eating and acting normally.
Did he just hurt himself and needs time to heal or is it an infection of some sort?
273E60D5-BCA5-41ED-B214-2161051007CC.jpeg

mh393r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm my goby has the same thing happening... so I’ll follow for any answers

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White-ish areas like that need to be viewed with suspicion. Could just be a minor injury that will heal all by itself, but can also be the beginning of a bacterial infection. Watch to see if the white area grows, becomes red-ish, or you see necrosis occurring. Then antibiotics will be needed asap. For infections of the head area, treating with Sulfaplex + Neoplex in a QT works very well. Treat for 10-14 days.
Also feeding the fish a wide variety of foods + vitamins like selcon, zoecon, and especially beta glucan, can boost the fish's immune system.

OP
OP
The_Jewce

The_Jewce

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White-ish areas like that need to be viewed with suspicion. Could just be a minor injury that will heal all by itself, but can also be the beginning of a bacterial infection. Watch to see if the white area grows, becomes red-ish, or you see necrosis occurring. Then antibiotics will be needed asap. For infections of the head area, treating with Sulfaplex + Neoplex in a QT works very well. Treat for 10-14 days.
Also feeding the fish a wide variety of foods + vitamins like selcon, zoecon, and especially beta glucan, can boost the fish's immune system.

thanks so much for the reply and solutions :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back