Yellow WM Goby QT Question

Reef Mamma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys Really looking for some help, I currently have a YWM Goby about 1.5" in QT with a Mccosker's fairy wrasse. 2-2.5" They have been together now for about a week. I have recently noticed the Wrasse bullying the YWMG as he is smaller; to the point where I have had to scoop him out of the filter area twice. Should they not be together? I currently on;y have only one QT tank and only other option is a 1 gallon fish bowl which i can set up with a lid? Don't know if this will be too tiny but I hate to see him get picked at? Any input greatly appreciated

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys Really looking for some help, I currently have a YWM Goby about 1.5" in QT with a Mccosker's fairy wrasse. 2-2.5" They have been together now for about a week. I have recently noticed the Wrasse bullying the YWMG as he is smaller; to the point where I have had to scoop him out of the filter area twice. Should they not be together? I currently on;y have only one QT tank and only other option is a 1 gallon fish bowl which i can set up with a lid? Don't know if this will be too tiny but I hate to see him get picked at? Any input greatly appreciated
Gotta try to separate them somehow in that one tank, egg crate or something like that, mesh. The fish bowl won’t work, I’m guessing the heat will drop too quick and you would have to oxygenate it with an air stone and change the water probably ever day.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back