Yellow wrasse questions and quarantining

Lgara1303

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I just set up a 75 gallon tank and currently have three pajama fish in there that seem to be doing good and eating fine. I also have a anthias in my quarantine tank that I will be adding within a week or two my local fish store has a really nice small yellow wrasse. That is very active and I would really like to get him. My question is how established a tank do you need for a yellow wrasse since I know they like to be in the sand bed a lot I’m assuming you will need a lot of nutrients, or possibly a good established Sandbed for them. I would also possibly like in the future to get another wrasse. What other wrasse can you put with these guys and can you add more then one yellow wrasse. I’m also curious how quarantine is for these guys since they like the same bed my quarantine tank is a bare bottom tank, so I’m wondering how that works is it very stressful for them and has anyone quarantined them before. Also, how did these do in a reef tank the 75 gallon will be a mixed reef tank, so I wanna make sure that will be fine. Any help or advice you have on these guys would be helpful.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow (Halichoeres chrysus) will do just fine in a 75. For sand bed, just make sure it is at least 1.5-2 in deep in places and that the sand is not too coarse. Special grade is just fine. Crushed coral is probably not. For QT, I have been told that having a dish with and inch and a half of sand is fine, just make sure to monitor levels and make sure to use chelated copper like copperpower since they are sensitive.

OP
OP
L

Lgara1303

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow (Halichoeres chrysus) will do just fine in a 75. For sand bed, just make sure it is at least 1.5-2 in deep in places and that the sand is not too coarse. Special grade is just fine. Crushed coral is probably not. For QT, I have been told that having a dish with and inch and a half of sand is fine, just make sure to monitor levels and make sure to use chelated copper like copperpower since they are sensitive.
Great my Sandbed is about 2 inches and I am using special grade sand, mixed with about 10 to 20 pounds of ocean direct sand

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back