Yet another heater question

mginster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have an Aqualogic TR115SN (pretty much ranco) and the thing has been rock solid for 10 years. I assume the relay is reaching its life and want to replace before it does.

What is the best heater / controller people are using now? I know those Aqualogics have been discontinued, but can still find my exact one for $200.

I am looking for something with a better set point delta. The Aqualogic and many others all seem to be 1 degree. I am looking for .5. The only one I know of is Inkbird and I am 100% never trusting inkbird as I know people in reptile/birds and they are garbage.

I was thinking the Helios is the next best, but still a 1 degree diff. I see there is the normal and the PTC version. It appears the PTC gives you a second temp reading in the heater itself which is a plus.

Slayyyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean I have an inkird and it's pretty amazing with the dual temp sensor

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a 1° F swing bad for your tank? If you want tighter I think the most of the aquarium controllers will do that. I know GHL will but I use a Ranco instead.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you end up going with? I was looking to buy a second AquaLogic controller. Looks like we can still get them on their website. Must have only been discontinued from BRS?

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little late to the game on this, but I've been using 2 of these for the past 5 years:

First on a 65g with 30g sump. Each ran a Eheim Jager 125W. (I use two for sake of redundancy in case one dies.)

And then on my 120g with 30g sump with 2 Finnex 500W.

Haven't had any problem with them and they have the +/- 0.5 deg. accuracy you were looking for.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back