Yet another new reefer.

Octocat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone--

My name's John. I'm new to reef keeping but not new to the hobby in general. I've been into the freshwater side of things for about 5 years now. I've setup a few tanks in that time; some mbuana cichlid tanks, but my primary focus has always been on planted tanks. I've come close to taking the plunge into saltwater several times already but this time is for reals :)

Unfortunately, I lost all the pictures of past builds when I dropped my backup hard drive recently. I do have a photo of my current tank to share though. It's a 40 gallon that is home to about 12 praecox rainbow fish, 6 zebra loaches, and a golden wonder killifish.

IMG_20180225_185132650.jpg

I recently purchased a 150-gallon eurobraced aquarium from SCA. I am also in process of having a metal stand custom made. In addition to this being my first saltwater tank, it is also my largest aquarium to date doubling the size of my previous largest. I am very fortunate to have a location that backs up to my rather large laundry room, so the plan is to put the sump and all equipment in there. I will start a new thread with more details when the time comes.

Of course, I won't be able to offer much insight right away, but I will try to document my journey in the hopes it be might useful information for others. I also look forward to bugging whomever will listen with all my questions :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 59 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back