You probably haven't seen these before. Maroon and Ocellaris babies!

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should probably document this here as well. Upon further examination, I believe babies these have preopercular spines. The spine cheek gene has been passed down to them from the father, making these truly 1 of a kind.
Thanks for that update. I was really wondering if they inherited the cheek spines.

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yes! Plus I'd love to see what you've done with your place with respect to clown breeding and all the crazy nems you've got.
Unfortunately the nem collection took a hit in the great haddoni disaster of 2012. Still havea rainbow, rbta, sc signature and colorado sunrise.
Thanks for that update. I was really wondering if they inherited the cheek spines.
It's not confirmed, and I have a hard time with it. There is a strange protrusion on their upper cheek that goes into the head stripe, but I am no expert. Looks different than the mama, but also looks different than the father. The more i look, the more I think some have it and some do not.
very nice
Thanks man!

twiggyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! Oscellmars ain't bad;) Thought I would post a couple pics. This is the first of the batch to make it into a reef. Within 5 hours he found and started hosting a bta. At 6 months old, never seen one before, this shocked me. I have Wyoming whites that are 2 years old and still don't quite know what to do with a nem lol.
61F4BD09-413E-4EE9-BB23-D136238AA30C-3198-0000020D6BBC8CE8_zps011f1f81.jpg

402610A2-61D6-4119-8B8C-4226F8326569-3198-0000020D721C63C0_zps6deb9177.jpg

69BA7D49-EF1E-42D5-A755-F119B7E98D32-3198-0000020D7809A458_zps3194c698.jpg

Those eyes are so evil looking on that clown. I love it!

ILikeClownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Mitch got one. Mitch, It's AnthonyTheNewbie from Living Reefs :).

Let me know if the hybrids are fertil or no when you find out. I have a WC Percula that I'm going to use to start a new generation of breeder clowns. And, if they are fertile, I'll pair it up with a Picasso or Onyx. :)

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Wake....when did you move to Maryland?

You came over for frags just before your wedding if you are the same Wakeboardgeek I'm thinking of....

I got one of these amazing little guys and he is sweet....chilling in the QT for now, getting used to a few other new display residents to be...I want them to all get a little alliance before they go into the tank with my Bellatore MMA contender Powder Brown Tang....

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, If anybody else who has these can put up notes about the traits and behaviors you have noticed it would be great....I'm wondering if they are going to have the attitudes of a Maroon or the mellow goofiness of an Ocellaris....

Also, if anybody gets signs of dimorphism, bonding or mating we all need to know immediately....these are really cool and rare fishies so nothing is known about them yet....

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, If anybody else who has these can put up notes about the traits and behaviors you have noticed it would be great....I'm wondering if they are going to have the attitudes of a Maroon or the mellow goofiness of an Ocellaris....<br><br>Also, if anybody gets signs of dimorphism, bonding or mating we all need to know immediately....these are really cool and rare fishies so nothing is known about them yet....

wakeboardgeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Wake....when did you move to Maryland?

You came over for frags just before your wedding if you are the same Wakeboardgeek I'm thinking of....

I got one of these amazing little guys and he is sweet....chilling in the QT for now, getting used to a few other new display residents to be...I want them to all get a little alliance before they go into the tank with my Bellatore MMA contender Powder Brown Tang....

Hey Mitch, sent you a PM so I don't hijack Bryan's thread.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 42 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 33 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 29 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back