Your best DIY

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not much of a diy guy not by choice ha just because i don't know enough about electrical or plumbing to risk harming myself or my tank but i love seeing other people's so lets hear your prized diy that you're most proud of a simple description and a link to where you tracked your progress will do.. just thought it'd be cool to see everything in one place

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best DIY would have to be...a peanut butter jelly sammich. But really, Im not much of a DIY guy myself either. Me and my dad made a 12 gallon acrylic tank when I was little, and a CO2 reactor (it was freshwater). Very simple, yet Im proud haha. Bring on your DIY projects everyone!!!

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill took a EMp 400 and modded it into a HOB FUGE. What i did was simple. I took off the spray bars and used to part expoy on the holes. So the water only ran thru the chambers. I made one chamber just carbon and the other chamber has a 1 inch sand bed lots of rubble and cheato. I kept half ot the top part and add a light. Ill post pics in a min i gotta take some.

HOBfuge003.jpg

HOBfuge004.jpg

HOBfuge005.jpg

HOBfuge008.jpg

Last edited:

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill took a EMp 400 and modded it into a HOB FUGE. What i did was simple. I took off the spray bars and used to part expoy on the holes. So the water only ran thru the chambers. I made one chamber just carbon and the other chamber has a 1 inch sand bed lots of rubble and cheato. I kept half ot the top part and add a light. Ill post pics in a min i gotta take some.
I always wanted to do that with my 125g. Such a cheap way to make a fuge.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marko awsome job man! that is sick, i wish i could do that!!!!! really man you should make and sell that stuff if you dont already looks better then most store bought ones!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 192 71.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back