Your Experiences With Using Magic Eraser

Amici

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about you guys but I would rather not put formaldehyde in my tank. Formaldehyde can be toxic and anti bacterial.
Formaldehyde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a false rumor, ya need to brush up on your chemistry some. Its not Formaldehyde. Its Formaldehyde-Melamine-Sodium bisulfite copolymer.......ie its a polymer. Kind of like how Sodium is EXTREMELY dangerous but Sodium Chloride is in just about everything you eat.

Ive used the magic eraser for a while on a couple tanks and it does keep the algae from growing back as quickly.

Tenacious716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting idea- I might have to try it out!

BTW... what's with everyone citing Wikipedia? It's not the most reliable place for factual information...

ddwbeagles

Northern VA Novice Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use them for my tanks, but do use them elsewhere in the house. The only thing that I've found it wont touch is the hard water stains and soap "scum" or build-up on glass shower walls.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also been using them for months now and absolutely love them on my acrylic tank. Especially working my way around my vortech pumps. You all know that you cant manage the usual magnet type scrubber around those pumps, but with the eraser its no problemo. I started using them when ladipyg first posted and haven't found anything close to keep your acrylic clean.

Neptune Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kraylen used it on all our tanks in the shop and I must say, it works pretty dang well. We like it so much we bought few more packs that night after the shop closed and also got the stronger version of it to try. Neat scrubbers and works really well on stubborn algae.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.0%
Back