Your reef toolbox

BrunoL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've put together a little "tool kit", which is basically the stuff I keep in the cabinet under my tank, a Waterbox 20. It's the items I consider essential for daily / weekly use. That said though, I'm new to the hobby and I'd be very interested to hear and see what you all keep at hand, I'm sure there's a ton of stuff I've left out.

This is what I keep under the cabinet. Ikea is my friend.

433468995_869708648246538_1571648245469031625_n.jpg

The 2 little boxes are 5 liters boxes (1.3 gallon), which I'll be using for acclimatization, dipping, ... They also serve as a temporary holding box in case I need to scoop something out or whatever. The big box is a 22 liters (5.8 gallon) box with an insert, which hold my essential equipment.

433353045_1094477655212140_3078705133964384766_n.jpg

The big box holds my meters and test kits, a spare bag of bioballs and a little return pump for water changes. Then in the top insert, I have my flakes, some little boxes of various sizes, the trusty turkey baster and a bunch of syringes in the 1ml, 10ml, 20ml and 50ml sizes. I find these very useful for filling up the Hanna meters and running other test kits. It also has my magnet cleaner and the trusty membership loyalty card, converted to algae scraper.

What I plan to add once they arrive, like I said, still new to the hobby, is a dipping solution and a nano powerhead for the small dipping boxes as well as a set of tweezers, tongs and scissors, ... The stuff I don't keep in the boxes and leave in the garage are the salt, spare filter media & foam etc. I do keep a little stack of spare towels on the side as well. ;)

I'm sure there's stuff I forgot which I should probably keep at hand so with that in mind, lets see your toolkits. :)

Cheers!

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say those are a very clever way of storing what you need to have for your tank. Considering all my stuff is just piled up in the stand under my tank haha. For your question? I keep very similar tools to you, a bowl for fish food, turkey baster, a little net for getting fish or cuc. etc..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back