YouTube Musicians

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any YouTube musicians out there? =]

Idk I was curious what you do (DAW/Plugins/... stuff like).

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, a channel. I need to learn the lingo. LOL! He mainly plays guitar and sings folk/country songs. Peeps have his songs on there with still pictures, but he really needs to get his own channel going.

OP
OP
Frop

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, a channel. I need to learn the lingo. LOL! He mainly plays guitar and sings folk/country songs. Peeps have his songs on there with still pictures, but he really needs to get his own channel going.

If you get a lot of people subscribing you can make money too :))

Rob Chapman is a YouTube guitarist. He has a few videos on how to record and edit music and video for YouTube.

For my channel tutorials do a lot better than music.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest to use Adobe premiere for video editing, and Adobe AU for editing music both programs work together. Adobe was smart and offers the full suit on a monthly subscription. Being the student that you are;) there is a better priced plan at basically $30 for the full suite or I think one can ala cart it for less. I have been practicing editing my fish tank vids and up loading them for a project that is would like to do in the future. The editing is simple, and with the subscription one gets access to the learning videos.

OP
OP
Frop

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest to use Adobe premiere for video editing, and Adobe AU for editing music both programs work together. Adobe was smart and offers the full suit on a monthly subscription. Being the student that you are;) there is a better priced plan at basically $30 for the full suite or I think one can ala cart it for less. I have been practicing editing my fish tank vids and up loading them for a project that is would like to do in the future. The editing is simple, and with the subscription one gets access to the learning videos.

Before fish tanks I was into music so I have Logic. I mix all my audio in that. I record my instrument straight into the computer apposed to through a microphone on a camera. Then I do my video in Screen Flow. It's not really a video editing program, it's meant to capture your computer screen/cell phone/iPad. Those things so you can demo computer programs. My camera has been my cellphone.. lol but the cellphones get better and better :p

I've seen people use adobe product for some really cool effects! But I haven't had much drive to learn that :) also haven't really uploaded music stuff in like 2 years. I just was thinking about it recently. Saw some stuff on sale :D

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before fish tanks I was into music so I have Logic. I mix all my audio in that. I record my instrument straight into the computer apposed to through a microphone on a camera. Then I do my video in Screen Flow. It's not really a video editing program, it's meant to capture your computer screen/cell phone/iPad. Those things so you can demo computer programs. My camera has been my cellphone.. lol but the cellphones get better and better :p

I've seen people use adobe product for some really cool effects! But I haven't had much drive to learn that :) also haven't really uploaded music stuff in like 2 years. I just was thinking about it recently. Saw some stuff on sale :D
They have made Premere and the rest of the Adobe product a heck of a lot more user friendly. I just know the basics and have a lot more to learn, but so far for my needs I am happy with the product. I have used Dreamweaver for 14 years to work with web sites and I am now integrating Muse page into some of the past website work I have done with just point and click.
Premere and AU are basically the same with the point and click, drop and drag importing and exporting.

OP
OP
Frop

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have made Premere and the rest of the Adobe product a heck of a lot more user friendly. I just know the basics and have a lot more to learn, but so far for my needs I am happy with the product. I have used Dreamweaver for 14 years to work with web sites and I am now integrating Muse page into some of the past website work I have done with just point and click.
Premere and AU are basically the same with the point and click, drop and drag importing and exporting.

Wow that's cool. Some experience too.

Kind of bummed. Just got a new 5 stage RO/DI and I've burned through all the DI resin in 30 ish gallons. After the RO unit it's getting 80-170 TDS. Think I'm going to use the credit card to go buy some BRS parts to throw on it. New membrane/canister and filters.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's cool. Some experience too.

Kind of bummed. Just got a new 5 stage RO/DI and I've burned through all the DI resin in 30 ish gallons. After the RO unit it's getting 80-170 TDS. Think I'm going to use the credit card to go buy some BRS parts to throw on it. New membrane/canister and filters.
Hmmm, what is the CO2 like in your water? That can burn through DI pretty quickly. Check the pressure that the water is at. Mine is at 62 psi on the Ro/DI filter. From reading if ones press is low that tends to burn through Di quicker.

OP
OP
Frop

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, what is the CO2 like in your water? That can burn through DI pretty quickly. Check the pressure that the water is at. Mine is at 62 psi on the Ro/DI filter. From reading if ones press is low that tends to burn through Di quicker.

CO2? No idea. How would I check? And how do I fix it? The pressure is around 60-65. The canister calls for 65. I have a pump but when I turn it on (it sends it to 95-105 psi) it makes the outgoing membrane TDS worse.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60 to 65 I think is good, CO2 link, and you could alway pick the first listing;) and sit through a sales pitch;). Do you have a water softener, and use it?

OP
OP
Frop

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60 to 65 I think is good, CO2 link, and you could alway pick the first listing;) and sit through a sales pitch;). Do you have a water softener, and use it?

Ya I think it gets used :p idk much about it. It was here when I moved in.

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a YouTube musician myself but had a little in home production studio before got into reefkeeping. Mac mini with maschine. Pc with fl studio and pro tools. Roland mv8800. Lots of other goodies. Miss my studio. Lol. Actually currently looking for a decent shape MPC2500 at moment to get this monkey off my back for ever stopping. Haha.

OP
OP
Frop

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a YouTube musician myself but had a little in home production studio before got into reefkeeping. Mac mini with maschine. Pc with fl studio and pro tools. Roland mv8800. Lots of other goodies. Miss my studio. Lol. Actually currently looking for a decent shape MPC2500 at moment to get this monkey off my back for ever stopping. Haha.

I never used a drum machine. My one keyboard has it built in.

this video made me interested a little. I know I'd never make those sounds, loll but anyways he really does a performance

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back