YouTuber with 22k followers clueless of Ich!!!

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not a attempt to make this guy look bad. I just believe that if you have so many followers and people that are depending/ looking for info you should be a little bit more responsible. He had tons of good info on it but I get the same answer about Ich from the petco guy.

OP
OP
DancingShark

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Which out copper white spot is a death sentence"
There is tank to tank transfer, hypo and copper. The appropriate time to act is when they are in QT. I treat proactively just because of velvet. They was no indication by him that this is the proper time to deal with this. He only stated about food and monitoring his behaviour which by the order of what he said would be his aggresion.

I am still new to this hobby if this was the only thing I watched before buying one I would be misinformed or by the very least there would be lack of info.

But it's nice he suggested a cleaner shrimp or wrasse to slow down a outbreak.:(

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This shouldn't surprise anyone. I'm not saying this applies to the youtuber your referencing above (I didn't even click on your link), but remember that any idiot on the planet can start a youtube channel and get followers. You can have a Billion followers and still be an idiot. Always check your sources no matter what you're reading/watching. Unfortunately I think this simple fact of life is no longer something people consider these days. Facts matter, not number of followers;)

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Which out copper white spot is a death sentence"
There is tank to tank transfer, hypo and copper. The appropriate time to act is when they are in QT. I treat proactively just because of velvet. They was no indication by him that this is the proper time to deal with this. He only stated about food and monitoring his behaviour which by the order of what he said would be his aggresion.

I am still new to this hobby if this was the only thing I watched before buying one I would be misinformed or by the very least there would be lack of info.

But it's nice he suggested a cleaner shrimp or wrasse to slow down a outbreak.:(

Most aquarium owners would never do tank transfer or hypo... Copper is a generic fix that most people can handle and is the appropriate way to deal with Ich for millions of hobbyist. Is it the only way... No... Is it the best way.. We can discuss that in a different post..

Just for you info the majority of people who own aquariums do not have a QT and never will have one..

I can agree to disagree but I think it is a little harsh to say he clueless when he is obviously not. Most of Miss saltwater tanks videos now Prestige Reef are decent and informative.

The last thing is if your fish has Ich and you literally watch 1 YouTube video to try to understand and fix the issue you might want to find a new hobby... This is also a great opportunity for LFS to shine on ways to help new aquarium owners tackle the whole issue with Ich.

Vincet81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was saying he learned something new. He thought ich was a death sentence but he learned that feeding the fish more worked.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Relying on Youtube as a bastion of good advice is not wise for any hobby.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 107 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.1%

Back