Yup.....it’s me

Slestak71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. My name is Steve and I have learned some very valuable information here already. Got my first aquarium on my 8th birthday and have been hooked ever since. 39 years. Ran my first Saltwater tank in 07. It’s been dormant for several years now and I’m in the slow process of setting it up again. I’m very anxious to put this new info to use. But one lesson I learned from my first salty was .........PATIENCE!!!

So I’m taking it very slow. I plan to build a shadow box for my background because I’ve never seen anything so awesome. I must have it. I’ll track my progress here but it’s most likely going to be spread across the next year. So we can all exercise patience together.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! Great strategy.
IMG_1881.JPG

OP
OP
Slestak71

Slestak71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I look forward to checking out your shadowbox.
I’m not sure if it’s been tried but my idea on making it look fuzzy and distant is not acrylic but at home stores they sell a type of sticker you can put on windows that you don’t want people to see through. Some are patterned like stained glass and such but I’m sure they have one that just blurs the picture. I plan to try sticking that to the back glass.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back