YWG vs Dracula

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one would you pick for a 135G with candy striped pistol?
In a 135 gallon, I would go Yellow Watchman. I know it’s cheap and not rare but… Why would you own a fish just because it’s rare?
It will also stand out more as Cryptocentrus gets 4” in the smaller species whereas Stonogobiops usually max out at 2 inches and in a 135 gallon it’s just not going to be an easy find.

OP
OP
Daenion

Daenion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 135 gallon, I would go Yellow Watchman. I know it’s cheap and not rare but… Why would you own a fish just because it’s rare?
It will also stand out more as Cryptocentrus gets 4” in the smaller species whereas Stonogobiops usually max out at 2 inches and in a 135 gallon it’s just not going to be an easy find.
This is exactly what I thought. I liked the color of Dracula but thought I would never see him.

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get the Dracula myself. No matter the size of your tank you'll know exactly where the burrow is. The fish will be right there. You won't see much of the shrimp but the fish will be there mostly out and visible.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get the Dracula myself. No matter the size of your tank you'll know exactly where the burrow is. The fish will be right there. You won't see much of the shrimp but the fish will be there mostly out and visible.
This isn’t necessarily true, it depends on tank inhabitants as well. The Dracula goby may be more secretive in a tank with highly active species. My Yasha Goby is rarely ever out in my nano and this is with peaceful tankmates.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.7%
Back